Tuesday, August 28, 2007

id'd


being id'd, or 'identified,' with Christ is a great spiritual privilege for those who have believed in Him and been transformed by faith through the grace of His resurrection.

Christ called us to tell the good news of the forgiveness that is available in the Cross to everyone around us 'as we go' in life, making them followers of Him by teaching them the Word in a way that leads to the radical transformation of lives. to cap it off though, He told us all to get id'd with him - identified with Him in Baptism. identified with Christ in His death and resurrection to new life - the old is gone, and the new has come!

So Sunday was and 'id'd day' at our church. people id'd with Christ because they just got saved. kids id'd with Christ who have been trusting in Jesus for few years, but just decided to get baptized. adults who finally faced their fears and committed themselves to living for Christ. people who got saved during the baptism service and got id'd in the water on the spot!

so 67 in all were baptized - id'd with Christ for all to see - what a day! and the first one i had the honor of baptizing was my oldest son squire. what an honor as a dad, to get to baptize, along with my dad, the first of the next generation of my family, as he continues to choose to id himself with Jesus! one of the best moments of life!! thank you Lord - may You lead him and keep him as he continues to grow and learn to walk with you. amen.

3 comments:

~J.J. said...

Tears of joy were brought to me as I saw the picture of Squire being baptized by his dad and grandpa. WOW! how cool is that! Chapman family I love you so much! We are glad you are here visiting in Oregon right now! I have still never been able to put in to words what happens to my emotions when I know our time to share is over for awhile and we all go back to normal life , whatever that is. Just know that you are loved so much and truly were and still are people who left an impression on me and are leaving an impression on a country and many others around you. Never stop being who you are in Christ, because it is a BEAUTIFUL thing!
Love
~J

Anonymous said...

Lad and Crystal so glad to see that life in Szazi is pushing through, full speed.

You guys are great, I can't wait to be there and do life with ya'll.

Ya'll's fam is precious.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am so glad I stumbled upon this blog. I saw it on Jerusala's. What a priceless moment, baptizing Squire. THe boys are beautiful and I am so happy for you guys! Wish Ben and I could run into you while you are here in Oregon. Tell Crystal hello for me and know that I will be checking back here to see how you all are doing. Check us out too http://themaddoxfamily.blogspot.com

Blessings~ Brandy