Friday, November 09, 2007

in africa again - october 11

Three years ago today Crystal and the boys and I landed in Johannesburg via one way tickets through London, as we moved to Africa to serve Him in whatever He had for us. Crusoe was not born yet, and my exhausted wife and children and I spent a day or two sleeping and recovering from the trip as we entered an entirely new life of serving God in a new place and among a new people.

I arrived in Johannesburg to be greeted by my good friend, Andy Sims, who I met on that same day 3 years ago in this same airport. It is amazing how quickly time has flown by, and how it seems a lifetime ago at the same time.

I am in Africa to prepare for our move back to Swaziland in January of 2008, to meet with the group of people I am going to be serving with in Children’s Cup, and to help a team of people as we begin the process of building Orphan Carepoints in the rural area of Herefords. I will be here for 2.5 weeks and then I will return to Ohio to finish up our interim pastor role at Leroy Community Chapel.

It's going to go by quick. Selah ...

2 comments:

Jean Ohlerking said...

We are SO happy to have the Chapman's on the 'Cup Team!

Welcome aboard...

Meemaw

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.